Be prepared so the Photographer can be sure to get great shots!
- You want to make sure the cars are not parked in the driveway or directly in front of the home.
- Keep garbage cans, garden hoses, sprinklers, lawnmowers, and any other garden or landscape tools out of sight.
- All toys, pool items, and other personal items should be removed from the yard or outdoor space.
- Clear the pool of any debris and make sure water features are on
- Clean the cushions on patio furniture.
- Sweep the walkways, front porch, and patio to remove leaves and debris.
- Go through each room and clean up any of the clutter. You don’t want to have stacks of paper or items on shelves, tables or on the floors.
- Open all curtains and blinds in the home so we can see the view.
- Turn on all lights including lamps but keep ceiling fans off.
- Try to keep any cables, wires or power cords hidden and out of sight.
- If there is a pet you want to clear away any toys and beds from the rooms and remove the pet dishes.
- Keep all televisions and computers off and hide the remote controls.
Kitchen and dining room:
- Wipe off the countertops and tables.
- Remove any towels, sponges, dishes and soap dispensers from the counters, tables and sink and store them somewhere out of sight.
- Takedown any items you have hanging on the refrigerator like magnets, pictures or stickers.
- Keep trash cans out of sight.
- Should also be wiped down and all personal items removed from the sink and shower/tub area including soap dishes, shampoos, and toothbrushes.
- Don’t leave out any kid toys, scales, dirty towels or other toiletries.
- Remove trash cans from the room as well as clothing hampers.
- Put the toilet lid down and replace the toilet paper roll.
- Clear floors and make beds.
- Tidy up the closets and put all the clothes away.
- Try to keep as many of your personal items off shelves, desks, and dressers.
Additionally, if there are pets, it is best to make arrangements for them to be off the property while the shoot is going on. This will ensure that they do not accidentally run in while you are working.